Blaze claims Brewer home
Matthew Hundley / (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Avery County Fire Marshal David Charles Vance explained how the fire began.
“They were removing a gas tank from an SUV in a garage underneath the house and some gasoline spilled out in the process onto the concrete floor,” Vance said. “There was a drop cord light there on the floor where they could look at what they were doing. We don’t know for sure if the bulb burst on the light or exactly what happened, but a spark was created. Then the fumes from the gas ignited.
To read the complete story, please pick up a copy of your hometown newspaper, The Avery Journal-Times, available at almost 100 locations in Newland, Banner Elk, Crossnore, Spruce Pine and Roan Mountain, Tenn. To subscribe to The Avery Journal-Times, please call (828) 733-0401 or click to https://ssl.jonesmedia.biz/circ/index.php?db=avery.