‘Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less’ begins Today
Through a partnership with Avery County Cooperative Extension Center and Williams YMCA of Avery County, and in an effort to be proactive in addressing obesity in our local communities, Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less begins in February.
The Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less program is a 15-week management program that will begin on Feb. 7 and conclude on May 23. The program focuses and works on lifestyle habits that help you achieve a healthy weight. Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less is a program that will:
• Explore behaviors that help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
• Identify strategies to help you eat smart and move more.
• Show you how living mindfully can help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
• Help you create new, lifelong habits!
Eat Smart, More More, Weigh Less provides:
• Private and confidential pre-assessment of starting weight and blood pressure.
• A program based on proven strategies for effective weight loss.
• 15 weekly classes in a friendly, supportive environment.
• A full-color magazine containing helpful tips, exercise ideas and recipes.
• Journal for tracking progress.
• Weekly ‘Punch-Pass’ to participate in the wide variety of services and activities offered through the YMCA.
“Eat Smart, More More, Weigh Less” begins at Williams YMCA at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 7.